A man in Sydney, Australia has been accused of filling a lube dispenser with hydrochloric acid yesterday (August 27).
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, the 62-year-old unidentified man allegedly went to the bathroom of the Aarows Club on Bridge Street, Rydalmere and attempted to fill the machine before the club’s safety alarm was triggered.
Security held him until the police arrived and he was charged with administering a poison with intent to injure.
Hydrochloric acid is corrosive to the eyes and skin and can cause burns to the skin depending on how concentrated it is.
No injuries have been reported and the 62-year-old has been granted bail but is awaiting trail on September 20.