Attitude's Summer Issue featuring X-Men
's Ben Hardy is available to download now
, and to celebrate the new issue hitting shops today (April 27), we thought we'd have a rummage through the archives to take a look back at his first ever Attitude shoot from summer 2014.
Back then, a role as Angel on superhero blockbuster X-Men: Apocalypse
was still a distant dream, and Ben was known simply as Ian Beale's son on Eastenders -
but he left many jaws on the floor when he revealed the physique he'd been hiding under his hum-drum outfits on Albert Square.
"I know that the producers [of X-Men
] had seen the Attitude issue that I did, I think that maybe helped me get my foot in the door," Ben reveals in our latest issue.
"I'm very grateful for that shoot because I feel like that definitely helped me cross over to international waters... I think that may have got some peoples' attention and made them look at my work."
Check out some of the highlights from Ben's first shoot below, and be sure to check out round two in our new summer issue, available to download from pocketmags.com/attitude,
in shops from today (April 27), or to order direct to your door from newsstand.co.uk
We shot Ben at the Aloft London Excel hotel, and made good use of their beautiful swimming pool too, all for your enjoyment, of course.
Like this? You can check out Ben’s brand new interview and shoot in the new issue of Attitude. It's available to download digitally from pocketmags.com/attitude,
and you can get a print copy in shops, or from newsstand.co.uk
Also in Attitude’s Summer Issue
, alongside all your usual news, reviews, fitness & travel:
From Eastenders to X Men: Ben Hardy is Attitude's new cover star
Ben Hardy teases what's in store for his character Angel in X Men: Apocalypse
- In a special feature we examine the issue of race, the LGBT community and the media, to see what’s working and what’s not.
- Nathan Sykes talks life after The Wanted, touring with the Little Mix ladies and his ever-growing gay fanbase.
- Welsh actor Alexander Vlahos gives us the scoop on BBC2’s new graphic, gay sex-filled French period drama Versailles.
- We catch up with star of The Voice and Kinky Boots Matt Henry, fresh off his ‘Best Actor’ victory at last month’s Olivier Awards.
- As Meryl Streep returns to the screen as Florence Foster Jenkins, we look back at the career of this modern Hollywood icon.
- We put drag in focus with an exclusive look as the stunning images of Magnus Hastings’ new photo book Why Drag?
- Bryan Sipe, wirter of Jake Gyllenhaal’s new film Demolition, tells Attitude about overcoming loss, personal identity, and why a gay teen was central to the film’s plot.
- Former Dragon’s Den star and interior designer Kelly Hoppen sees whether she can pass for a homo in How Gay Are You?