Explore the delicate art and complex science of masculinity. What does it mean to be manly? Can we pin masculinity down, dissect it, understand it?
Join us for an evening to celebrate those who resist, rewrite and reimagine masculinity with expert drag kings, testosterone-fuelled games and some of London’s finest male choirs. Take part in vital conversations about violence, men and mental health and meet the people helping the next generation find their own versions of manhood.
- Real Men Used to Cry: Male Mental Distress Since The 18th Century With Dr Alison Haggett, University of Exeter
- "She Pushes My Buttons”: Working With Men Who Use Domestic Violence With Liz Ostrowski and colleagues from the Domestic Violence Intervention Project
- Inside The Minds Of 13-Year-Old Boys With Ben Hurst from the GREAT Men Initiative
- Milk presents... BROMANCE, A Rolling Cabaret Come down and butch up with drag kings LoUis CYfer, The Great White Males, and many more special guests
- The Empire Needs Men Contribute to an epic conversational collage canvas created throughout the night by Raju Rage and Noa Carvajal
- Reimagining The Man Cave Take part in an interactive experience exploring the future of masculinity, created by Wellcome Collection’s youth group RawMinds in collaboration with acclaimed interactive theatre collective non zero one
- Fragile Masculinity: A Long Table Join host Lois Weaver and special guests including self-proclaimed “sissy” Nando Messias to discuss what’s so scary about feminine qualities in a male body
- Macho Walking Put your people-reading skills to the test: what does the psychology of walking biomechanics tell us about gender, gait and aggression?
Find out more: