1 look. 1 song. 1 chance (and a £1000 prize!) Jonny Woo is on the lookout for the UK's next alt-drag superstar!
How can you ruin Reach For The Stars? How inappropriate can you make Take My Breath Away? How many sides can you see to Adele? Jonny Woo and John Sizzle are on the hunt, cash in fist, for the car-crash torchbearers of tomorrow’s alternative scene.
East London is alight with the news that Jonny Woo’s infamous 2004 contest (originally called 'Tranny Lip-Syncing' and hosted at Bistroteque) has been updated, recalibrated and rebooted with a cast of celebrity judges and giant cash prize. Clear a space for the next ten Wednesdays – it’s LIPSYNC 1000!
Lip-synching contest open to ALL (boys / girls / amateur /pros. All are equal)
- Contestants rated on their look and performance by two celebrity judges
- Contestants perform 1 lipsync performance of their choice lasting no more than 5 minutes. Any backing track on CD.
- Ten weeks of free-to-enter heats commencing Wednesday 21stJanuary.
- Grand final with £1000 cash prize!
- Hosted by Jonny Woo and John Sizzle. Each week a guaranteed spectacle.
- At The Glory, 281 Kingsland Road, E2 8AS. (nearest tube Haggerston)
- Register entry[email protected] for full information see theglory.co
- Celebrity judges announced on a weekly basis
For more information visit the event's Facebook