As part of a new four-part video series to coincide with World Mental Health Day (10 October), Daniel Howell has teamed up with Attitude and LGBTQ content creators to share tips and advice for staying mentally healthy and happy.
Part two sees 29-year-old Dan discuss sleep behaviour, insomnia and how to get through the night with YouTubers Bradley Birkholz, Courtney Jai, Jessica Kellgren-Fozard, Bilzy B and Justin 'King of Reads'.
Anxiety, stress and depression are some of the most common causes of insomnia, and having difficulty sleep can also make symptoms worse, creating a cycle it can be tough to break.
Watch the video above for advice from Daniel and the gang, but here are some of their tips:
Tips for getting a better night's sleep
- Avoid comparing your own life with that of other people on social media
- Exercise helps with insomnia
- Take a break from sitting and staring at a computer of phone screen all day
- Reading helps calm the mind before bed
- Avoid eating late at night
- A cool or well-ventilated room with help you sleep
- Listening to calming music or background noise
- Waking help early will help your body be tired when it's bedtime
- Even if you can't sleep, liying still and closing your eyes will still give you rest
Daniel Howell's mental health book/self-help guide 'You Will Get Through This Night' is set for release in May 2021.
Subscribe in print and get your first three issues for just £3, or digitally for just £1.54 per issue.