Attitude Magazine, Europe’s leading gay and bi men’s magazine, is seeking a talented Social Media Producer to join our team to create and edit original content, as well as repurposing existing magazine and online content for all of Attitude’s digital platforms.
Reporting daily to the Head of Digital Production and working closely with the Web Editor, the Social Media Producer will ultimately report to the Editor-in-Chief.
You will work collaboratively across the content team and support the online team in uplifting and repurposing existing content making engaging video, and storytelling graphic content for a global audience, each designed to deliver best for all our platforms.
You will also sometimes assist as a videographer at shoots, edit content series and will manage some relationships with influencers and external high-value social media accounts.
The ideal candidate is a highly creative self-starter with an enthusiasm for telling and uplifting LGBTQ stories. You have the latest editing software skills, but will also have some experience shooting content, and creating a narrative in your portfolio.
You will be adept at bringing, copy, images and video together to tell stories and have a creative vision for our Instagram feed and stories.
- Create original content for our social media platforms — Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube
- Re-purpose magazine articles for Instagram stories and the website
- Deliver original, high-quality and accurate multimedia content to tight daily deadlines with a focus on graphics and video for our Instagram feed and stories.
- Ensure all content meets editorial, ethical and legal standards
- Build a network of relationships with social media influencers to uplift your content
- Work as part of the Digital Production and Online team to cover Attitude events and other commercial projects
- Develop a strong understanding of what does well on Attitude platforms, with analytics guiding your content choices
- You live and breathe social media apps, which is where you get the majority of your news, gossip and entertainment
- As well as consuming lots of social media content, you are abreast of new trends, algorithm changes, as well as new and rising platforms
- You have a keen interest in the LGBTQ community, our stories and know our lived experience
- Understanding of Attitude’s print and digital platforms, with a focus on Instagram
- Understanding of how online video, Instagram and Twitter storytelling works
- A self-shooter, or willing to learn, with an understanding of how to make the best out of editorial opportunities
- You know the best set up and production required (lighting, audio, narrative) to make a multimedia story work on multiple platforms
- Willingness to work some flexible shifts where required, including some evenings and weekends
- Adept at working to tight deadlines and under pressure
Skills and experience
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere Pro
- Strong knowledge of media law
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Experience building Instagram audiences
- NCTJ, BJTC or equivalent media qualification
- Strong copy-writing ability and experience
- Adobe Photoshop skills
- Adobe After Effects skills
- Davinci Resolve, Final Cut Pro skills
- Experience building Twitter and Facebook audiences
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave
- Pension contributions
- Great development opportunities
- Fun, hardworking, social team environment
Please send your CV, cover letter and showreel or examples of self-produced video or Instagram and social media content to [email protected].
Attitude Magazine is published by Stream, who are an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace that celebrates differences, allowing you to do your best work.
February 15 2020