Attitude has a vacancy for a full-time Office Manager. Find a job description, with required knowledge and skills, below:
This is an exciting opportunity to join the UK’s best-selling gay magazine brand.
This is a high profile role on an exciting title, working with the managing director and across all departments to provide administration assistance to ensure the smooth running of the office and business as a whole.
Attitude is a small publisher with a small hard working team producing content over several platforms with strict deadlines, limited resources and tight budgets. This role is crucial to the success of the business.
Attitude is the leading gay men’s lifestyle and fashion magazine, distributed in the UK. Established 21 years ago, Attitude is recognised as one of the leading global gay media brands.
As well as being long-established in print, the magazine is at the forefront of digital tablet editions with a superior custom-designed app plus the team produce the number 1 gay men’s magazine website and host world class events such as the attitude awards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Assisting the editorial team by booking shoots, photographers, studios and chasing photographers for images, sourcing life lesson candidates and presenting to the editor for approval
- Liaising with the fashion editorial team to book talent for shoots
- Liaising with set contributors and columnists to get copy within strict deadlines
- Assisting with Attitude events such as the Attitude Awards both in the lead up and at the actual event
- Assist the Editor in maintaining control of editorial costs through the maintenance of cost control sheets
- Assist the Financial Controller in ensuring that invoice postings are up to date.
- Reception duties, dealing with and looking after visitors and couriers
- Ensure that the office is kept clean and tidy at all times
- Ensure the communal facilities are kept stocked
- Ensure that office equipment and supplies are ordered and stocked at all times
- Deal with all staff requirements for booking holidays and reporting sick absence leave
- Be the point of contact for all staff for issues relating to IT and work with agents to resolve in a timely manner
- Liaising with work experience applicants, interviewing them, booking them and keeping them busy by managing assigned tasks
- Keep a portfolio of Attitude’s press and pr
- Perform any additional duties and tasks as assigned by the managing director, editorial director or editor
- Excellent multi tasking skills
- Excellent administration skills.
- A good knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes and be computer literate to learn dedicated software to fulfil duties
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of print media, mobile app publications, online and events
- Be able to work well in a team environment
- Be self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Be able to adhere to strict deadlines
Please send a current c.v. to [email protected]
by Friday 22nd
'Desperate Housewives' star Charlie Carver comes out as gay
Watch the tear-jerking moment man realises public flash mob proposal is actually for him