Seven things we learned on our first day on tour with Rihanna
As you may have heard, Attitude is on tour with ACTUAL RIHANNA this week. Today we flew from LA to Mexico City, where Rihanna played a very brilliant gig, and then hopped back on her plane to Toronto. That's where we are now, in a hotel room, looking and smelling like a tramp who can't stop humming We Found Love. But before we take a shower, we thought we'd fill you in on events so far…
1. Rihanna likes to give. Taking our seat on The Rihanna Plane, we find a goodie bag containing RiRi flight socks, swanky Roc Nation headphones and a string bracelet with an actual diamond on it.
2. Admittedly, this diamond is so small that Liz Taylor wouldn't bother squinting at it, but still, it's an actual diamond.
3. Rihanna gets off on hijacking the plane's intercom system. 'Fasten your safety belts people,' she tells us, 'And let's get drunk!'
4. Rihanna is a frustrated barmaid. Later in the flight, she sashays down the aisles handing out champagne in plastic cups. Predictably, no-one moans about the lack of proper glassware.
5. Rihanna has a very lovely stomach. It's on display for the duration of tonight's 70-minute gig, so we can't help eyeing it up.
6. Mexicans love jumping around to We Found Love, but not quite as much as they love watching Rihanna downing tequila onstage. Hic!
7. Rihanna fetches her own suitcase from the carousel in the baggage reclaim area. Why? 'Because it's my shit.' To be fair, we can't fault her logic.
Right, time to wash off 24 hours of plane, Mexico City and spilled tequila. Check back tomorrow for another update!